Sunday, July 18, 2010

Watch your step!

Apparently I live in a city (Seattle/Shoreline/Bellingham whatever :p) that has contiguous walkways. When you are walking, you tend to be able to take your next step and it should be approximately where you think it should be. This is not the case in Singapore.

On multiple occasions, I have found myself walking through a doorway or on the sidewalk only to find that the ground gives out under my feet. This is quite embarrising, for two reasons: because I did it, and because I'm a tourist.

My theory is that Singapore has lots of little flash floods and rain storms. Without a 2-3 inch change in elevation here and there, water might find its ways into places it shouldn't be.

Advice: Just because you think there should be something to stand on, doesn't mean there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment