Thursday, July 8, 2010

Japanese Robot Extravaganza

The Following was written on July 8th, but was not posted due to the lack of Free WiFi

Landed Safely in Japan.

I watched 4 feature lenth movies during my flight.
Green Zone - Your standard "US is screwing up Iraq" movie. Liked it
Hurt Locker - Seriously, how did that have such a big oscar buzz, it was enjoyable, but the ending was so "Decide for yourself", remenisent of "The Wrestler"
The Book of Eli - pretty bad. It was like the road warrior meets Dogma. Another lame ending that is supposed to be meaningful, but tried WAY too hard.
A beautiful Mind - sadly the TV thing turned off right at the end so I missed the ending. It was ok and a bit sad

Japan isn't as futuristic as I would have thought. I haven't seen a single robot and I've been here for like 15 minutes. Sadly I have to go through customs since the connecting flight security required boarding passes (which I have none)

Not impressed with the airport, Seatac is WAY cooler, but with less Pocky and crap for sale. The one cool thing is that the floor is bumpy when the terrain changes (like before escalators and stuff). Where is all the Tokyo drifting and Harajuko girls? I guess I'd have to go to the city to see that.

tempted to buy some noodly dish, but I don't have any 'Y'. Apparently I need like Y7 for anything good. Maybe I'll get a snack of Rice Crackers on the plane again and a warm towel to clean my hands.

Travel Tip #2
Where Synthetic fibers that breath and wick, cotton just gets too uncomfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment