Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My First Delay

I am not new to flying, in fact, I have flown to San Francisco at least 5 previous times. During those times I have never had a delayed flight, so of course the ONE time I need to make a connecting flight from SFO, my flight is delayed by over two hours. As it stands now, I will have 10 minutes to get from my plane to my connecting flight.

I think it is time to grab some food to relieve some of my stress. If I miss this flight, I'll have to crash in SFO for the night and catch the next flight out in the morning, and I can't wait to have a riveting conversation with the airline to see if I can be bumped to the next flight at minimal to no charge (not to thrilled to have that conversation).

What to eat... Some sort of Ham and Egg on an English muffin? Should "English" be capitalized when speaking about a bread product? Should it be "American cheese"? Maybe an omelette? Did you know that Blogspot doesn't have the correct spelling of omelette? And in fact, many people that post omelette recipes spell it wrong... crazy...

Lessons Learned:
Always book your the WHOLE flight from a single company: They are better at dealing with this type of thing.
The check-in people are there to help, so being understanding and not over-reacting worked out well.
When options run out, eat and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment