Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pizza and delivery

July 18th is my annual celebration of my first working at Qualnetics. For the past few years, I have celebrated by purchasing pizza for the office. Unfortunately, I find myself thousands of miles away this year, so I had to improvise.

You are looking at two pizza's and some sort of Chicken popper thing that has a Japanese name. We ordered our pizzas from Pizza Hut. to be honest, other than the toppings being a little different, the Supreme was very similar. On the right, you'll notice a Chicken Curry pizza... this is where the similarities end.

I wish I had some great story about how crazy Pizza Hut is in Singapore, but it is not so different. American crust is greasier, but the flovor was close. You can check out thier website to see the crazy toppings and special pizzas "http://www.pizzahut.com.sg/" like "Ocean Catch", a selection of shrimps, squids, tuna, crabsticks, juicy pineapple chunks and diced tomatoes on cool lime mayonnaise sauce.

I'm here to talk about deliver. When you call Pizza hut, you don't call your local branch, you call the Pizza Hut number. They then dispatch your order to the closest Pizza Hut. This is very odd to me. It gives the idea that you never really know where your food is coming from. the same goes for McDonalds... YES, they have McDonalds delivery here. You can see young men zipping around the city on their motor-bikes wearing large backpacks with the familiar "M" on the back. Want McDonalds, no need to find one, just call the number, and the closest one will find you. Actually the system works out pretty well. the population is so dense that delivery people don't need to travel too far to reach their destination.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment